The Operational Readiness and Airport Transition (ORAT) test was successfully organized at the Chinggis Khaan International Airport on 11 September 2020. Over 300 employees from 6 government organizations and 3 airlines such as MIAT Sate Owned LLC, Aero Mongolia LLC, Hunnu Air LLC, Border Protection 0218 Military Unit, Buyant Ukhaa Customs, Border Inspection Department at Buyant Ukhaa, Air Border Department of the Immigration Agency, Safety and Security Department of the National Civil Aviation Center and General Intelligence Agency of Mongolia were participated in the ORAT test.
The purpose of this ORAT test was to confirm the division of roles and cooperation between airport, government organization, and airlines and to confirm the practical operation of various facilities and systems used for airport operation.
During the ORAT test, the follwoing items were mainly checked;
- Operation of Baggage Handling System
- Passenger check in system
- Passenger and Luggage Safety Inspection equipment
- Passenger and Luggage Inspection and operation of the Border Inspection
- Operation at the luggage sorting area and flows of the vehicles
- Operation of the Ground Handling work at the airside
After the ORAT test, feedback meeting was organized and each participant submitted their suggestions and recommendation. NUBIA LLC will prepare further action plan according to their recommendation.